- Thank you to the New York Giants on their Super Bowl win! I don’t have to run miles for Patriots fans this week and I get my husband back on Sundays! 🙂
- I have 11 random things to share with you since I was tagged by Michele at nycrunningmama last week plus 11 unsolicited random things per the rules. You may have seen these in the blogosphere already, but just in case, here are the rules:
- I’m left-handed, but I use scissors with my right hand.
- I have a long-lasting love for Hello Kitty. She makes me smile.
- I used to camp out with my stuffed animals under the dining table and a bed sheet.
- I used to collect stamps and Starbucks’ city mugs. Now I collect potholders from cities I visit.
- I can’t speak Tagalog (Filipino language) fluently and I studied Arabic and Spanish in school. I’m far from fluent in those languages too.
- I know how to play the piano and I was a first chair clarinet in middle school – band geeks unite!
- I have a birthmark on my inner right thigh that I used to hide with longer shorts until I bought my first pair of Nike Tempo shorts a couple of months ago.
- Due to the movie Titanic, I absolutely refuse to get on a cruise ship.
- I only wear polarized sunglasses. I wore glasses and contact lenses until the Army gave me laser correction surgery (which I was so grateful for!).
- I constantly daydream about my perfect kitchen, bathroom, and home office. In that order.
- I always buy magazines in March so I can read my birthday horoscope.
1. What was the first race signed up for? When was it? Where was it? How did you do? My first race was the In God’s Love We Deliver Race to Deliver on November 18, 2001. It’s a 4 mile race around the smaller loop in Central Park, New York City and I completed it in 31:49. I remember feeling in awe of the diversity of runners specifically the older (60+) runners and how they were still running after so many years.
2. What is your favorite color? My mood for life right now has me favoring green although I like wearing grey and purple.
3. Do you prefer to read stories and the training of elite runners or every day runners? Why? I like everyday runners because I can relate to them more and their stories are more accessible. I’m completely new to learning more about elite runners other than hearing about what race they’ve won.
4. Treadmill or dreadmill? Dreadmill… as long as there’s no lightning, I like to stay outside!
5. Gear junkie or Run Naked? I’ve become a gear junkie as of late… Spibelt filled with Gu, a new Garmin Forerunner, my iPhone and its remote controlled earbuds.
6. Is there an era of music that you prefer? Oldies? Classic Rock? 90s? In my everyday routine, when I’m cooking or putzing around the house, I love listening to 60’s Soul or soul-inspired artists. I like it when you can feel the heartache in a singer’s voice because I feel it translates into the amount of love that person has.
7. Coffee or Tea? Both! I will always love iced coffee, but am making a more focused effort to drink green tea whenever I can because I don’t need the coffee caffeine buzz right now.
8. What is a childhood secret you never told your mom? That my girlfriends and I weren’t at the movie theater on my 18th birthday. We were at the tattoo parlor so I could get my belly button pierced. (I took it out a long time ago, Mom!)
9. Favorite Olympic Summer sport to watch? I always love watching volleyball, swimming, and the track and field events. I’ll definitely be excited to watch the marathon event now!
10. Favorite movie of all time? Ooh, it’s a toss-up between Steel Magnolias (a story about 5 women in Louisiana), The Joy Luck Club ( a story about 4 Chinese women and their American born daughters), and Forrest Gump (a story about Forrest, Forrest Gump).
11. Cake or Pie? I love me some cake. I rarely pass on a piece of cake. 🙂